Monday, February 20, 2023

Dreams Can Cost You -- Part One

 Dreams Can Cost You

Part 1

by K. Struve



We had just won the biggest championship for travel softball teams but I couldn’t even be there to celebrate it with my team. We were 4 hours from home and I was in the car on the way to the hospital after pitching the game winning strike. As soon as I let go of the ball, I felt a sharp pain through my entire arm and I ran off the field.It was killing me as we rode in the car. 


“Mom, how much longer?” The pain was starting to be unbearable and maybe it wasn’t just the pain, but knowing that I would play softball again, but may never play the same. My shoulder had been hurting the last few weeks. Ever since our overnight tournament when I pitched almost the entire time. If I wasn’t pitching I was catching and it just kept getting worse. But of course I didn’t say anything. I thought it was just soreness like it always was. 


“We’re almost there. Just a mile. It’s going to be okay.”


“But what if it isn’t?” She just sighed. 


To continue reading this great narrative, click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment